Cavebabble Episode 265 travels across Thra with Jen and Kira in order to patch a broken crystal and restore balance to the world. Courtney joins us to babble about the 1982 dark fantasy puppet animated tale The Dark Crystal, directed by Jim Henson and Frank Oz. Also includes Cavebabble Eats Odds Things featuring yerba mate. This episode is brought to you by The Shard.
Cavebabble Episode 264 joins forces with Godzilla to save the world from Ghidorah, followed by a short hike over the top of nuclear waste. Godzilla loves hikes. Join us for a look at King of the Monsters, and a trip to the oddest hiking trail in Missouri. This episode is brought to you by Skreeonk.
The only thing standing between a deadly alien organism and human extinction is a small team of experts in the depths of Wildfire, a top-secret underground facility in southern Nevada. Can science save the day? Join us for a look at the 1971 hard science fiction film, The Andromeda Strain. Based on the book by Michael Crichton, and directed by Robert Wise. Join us! This episode is brought to you by 601.
Cavebabble Episode 261 returns from the jungle with lost babbling audio! This episode includes a mysterious birthday trip and Cavebabble Eats Odd Things. Nasty sodas, questionable candy, food found in a ditch, and at least one capybara. Join us! This episode is brought to you by Catching Up.
Song: Capybara by Shonen Knife
Cavebabble Episode 259 sails with Sinbad to the island of Colossa to find a way to enlarge a tiny princess. Join us for the a look at the classic stop-motion effects of Ray Harryhausen in The 7th Voyage of Sinbad. Also includes Cavebabble Drinks Odd things, featuring peanut butter and jelly beer. This episode is brought to you by The Bosses of Colossa.
The Babblers return to the world of Star Trek television pilot episodes for The Vulcan Hello, where Star Trek: Discovery begins. Michael Burnham compels you to join us or suffer the wrath of her neck pinch. This episode is brought to you by Brand New Old Klingons.
Cavebabble Episode 257 takes shelter at the library from tidal waves, killer ice storms, and computer-generated wolves. Join us for a look at Roland Emmerich’s 2004 environmental disaster flick, The Day After Tomorrow. This week’s episode is brought to you by Two Days From Now.
Cavebabble Episode 256 continues its road trip loop through five states, three state parks, multiple family gravesites, amazing waterfalls, and yet another zoo. Join us! This episode is brought to you by Water Falling Everywhere.
Part two of our trip explores amazing natural places such as Niagara Falls, Watkins Glen State Park, and Presque Isle State Park. But it also includes the heartache of childhood tragedy and loss. Some of this is a bit more serious than what we normally share, but is important to us. We hope you agree. Don’t worry. We still chat about pee.
Songs featured in this episode, listed in order:
1) I’m Out of Breath by Jared Lee
2) Growing Up by Peter Gabriel
3) The Old Churchyard by Offa Rex
4) Life Changes by Thomas Rhett
5) The Family Tree (artist unknown)
6) Ain’t No Grave by Johnny Cash
7) Good Mornin’ from Singin’ in the Rain
8) Waterfalls by Yamira (feat. Mattyas)
9) Everybody Farts by Howdytoons
10) Party in My Tummy by Yo Gabba Gabba https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Os-CACRwM8
11) Hold Onto the Memories by Corey Tynan
12) This is Not Goodbye by Sidewalk Prophets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqaXXxp2GgE
13) Beer Song by Elbowskin
14) Niagara Falls clip from Family Guy
15) Buffalo Charge by Dub Phizix and Strategy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fVK7atPvLQ
16) The Battle of Lake Erie by Westside Steve Simmons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va7FdwCD_nQ
17) Trainwreck by Martin Carlberg
18) Dogs Like Socks by Psychostick
19) Good Morning by Max Frost
20) Traffic Jam by New York Voices
21) The Last Day (with Skylar Grey) by Moby
22) Coming Home by Sheppard